jump to navigation

Quick tip for changing entity status November 3, 2011

Posted by Brian Schar in USPTO.

If you plan to pay maintenance fees in an issued patent that has changed from small entity status to large entity status, write a letter a week or two in advance noting the entity status change and make sure it’s signed by the attorney of record or other party authorized by 37 CFR 1.33(b)(1).  Fax that letter to the Department of Finance at (571) 273-6500.  When you go on line to the USPTO to pay the fees electronically, the entity status will have been changed to “large”, so that you can pay the proper fee amount for a large entity.


No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: